Our award is a one time gift of $1000
The recipient of the award must:
- Be a Phoenixville Area High School senior who has an academic ranking within the top half of his/her graduating class.
- Be planning to attend an accredited school of higher learning and planning to major in English, Journalism or Communications.
- Have shown dedication to school and community during the candidate’s high school career.
- Complete an application and a typewritten essay or video containing the candidate’s thoughts or ideas on how to make the world more awesome. Be creative and dream big considering an impact we each can make whether large or small.
- Satisfy the above criteria and have your counselor submit verification and application materials on or before deadline.
If you are a graduating senior and you would like to apply for the scholarship, please download the application. Check with Maren Bhalla (ph: 484-927-5133) in the guidance office for deadline date and other information.
Jeffrey Allan Jones Memorial Scholarship Recipients
- 1991 - Miriam J. Brubaker, Wheaton College
- 1992 - Bridget Niedzielski, Kutztown University
- 1993 - Daniel J. Martin, Kutztown University
- 1995 - Cheryl K. Doebling, West Chester University
- 1996 - Melissa H. Kobelin
- 1997 - Heidi J. Kunsch
- 1998 - Leah M. Candelori
- 1999 - Jon J. Rudick
- 1999 - John R. Kane
- 2000 - Erin M. Daly
- 2001 - Ryan Patrick Curley, Ursinus College
- 2002 - Gregory S. Harr
- 2003 - Karisa Leigh Coogan
- 2004 - Michael Joseph Handwerk
- 2005 - Lily Marie Beauvilliers
- 2006 - Anna Marie Moronski
- 2006 - Chelsea Kirsten Wright
- 2007 - Janelle Annette Wheel, Penn State University
- 2008 - Veronica Gwendolyn Wisely, Temple University
- 2009 - Nora S. Gerstenberger, Penn State University
- 2009 - Jennifer C. Dugan, Duquense
- 2010 - Charles Robert Hanlon, Kutztown University
- 2011 - Jonathon Michael Wheel, Penn State University
- 2012 - Ryan A. Rush, Eastern University
- 2012 - Marlaina J. Farbstein, James Madison University
- 2013 - Leslie Alexandra Speers, Syracuse University
- 2014 - Jamie Connors, Fordham University
- 2015 - Bridget Walt, West Chester University